Nestled amongst green fairways that run across former lava fields within a tropical haven of lush elegance, live large with a stay at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations. This extraordinary Big Island resort gives vacationers the opportunity to golf at championship courses, witness the sight of an active volcano, or just enjoy a relaxing poolside day in paradise. With it’s close proximity to the beach, a shuttle can also provide quick transportation to there, but nearby shopping areas and attractions as well.
Incorporating a casually elegant tropical style, spacious guestrooms feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. Two-bedroom suites boast a luxurious master bedroom, fully-equipped kitchen, separate living and dining areas, separate bathtubs and showers with deep soaking bathtubs, washer and dryer, as well as a spacious balcony. The condo-style accommodations are perfectly suited for larger families and are able to accommodate five-plus people to a room.
Whether you are lounging beachside and soaking up the sun or partaking in a number of water sports, immersing yourself in a variety of slow-paced and action-packed activities. You can rent snorkel gear, kayaks and boogie boards as you enjoy the waters or stick to the land with an exciting match of tennis at the courts at the neighboring The Bay Club Resort. The Bay Club also has a fitness center will also have everything you need for a prime workout. Fine-tune your golfing skills on the putting green before heading to the two adjacent championship courses.
Take a dive into three outdoor pools (two at the Bay Club Resort), slip down the waterslide or just melt away in the hot tub. While you’re there, the Bay Club Cafe has a poolside bar that serves drinks and casual food. There is a barbecue area as well for families that might enjoy the outdoor travel experience. Guests will also have complete access to the restaurants, boutiques, pools, lagoon beach, spa and water recreation at the nearby Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort, with transportation included.
With easy access to the island’s finest attributes and the finest greens, Kohala Suites is perfectly positioned to steal away from it all.
Spacious 2-bedroom/2-bathroom garden, golf course or mountain-view suite with a lanai features a master bedroom with a king-size bed. The bathroom comes with a free-standing shower and separate soaking or Jacuzzi tub. The second bedroom is furnished with two double beds and has a bathroom with a standard shower/tub combination or freestanding shower. There is also a living room with a separate dining area, cable TV and DVD player, and a queen-size sleeper sofa, as well as a fully equipped kitchen and a washer/dryer.
Dive into an outdoor pool that includes a water slide and whirlpool spa. The Bay Club has two additional pools as it features a bar and lounge with plenty of seating.
The full-equipped fitness center offers top cardiovascular equipment, stationary bikes, treadmills, as well as free weights.
Featuring their own putting green to practice your swing, you can also tee off at two nearby 18-hole championship golf courses which include Waikoloa Kings and the Waikoloa Beach Course which are located are within one mile.
Get complete access to two tennis courts at the neighboring Bay Club Resort.
Unwind at the end of the day with a refreshing drink that is available at the poolside bar.
1. BIG ISLAND SPECTACULAR HELICOPTER TOUR — Voted #1 by The Travel Channel as the “World’s Best Helicopter Thrill,” discover the Big Island’s spectacular beauty and all of its volcanic furies with a tour like no other from Blue Hawaiian Helicopters – Waikoloa. Hop aboard the helicopter and be whisked above the famous Kilauea volcano, which is an active shield volcano that occasionally erupts. You will also get to experience the glorious sights of the lush terrain and popular sights to see with a very unique bird’s-eye view of this magnificent island.
2. MID-MORNING WHALE WATCH — Humpbacks just may be the most popular whales among whale watchers. With a whale-watching tour from Ocean Sports Cruises, you will get to spot these majestic creatures while in their natural habitat. Hop on a catamaran at the whale center, and learn all about humpback whales from a USCG-certified captain. Sit and relax as the captain sails along to give you some of the best views of the whales, allowing for a great opportunity to snap pictures.
3. KONA WILDLIFE POWERBOAT CRUISE — Get ready for a fun-filled adventure in the Big Island’s Anaehoomalu Bay with a Kona Wildlife eco-friendly excursion from Hawaii Nautical. This expedition is sure to satisfy the whims of the most adventurous or the most laidback traveler. Zip along the dramatic coast on a powerboat cruise to your snorkel destination where you will explore Hawaii’s underwater world.
4. BIG ISLAND SNORKEL CRUISE ALONG KOHALA COAST — Kick back, relax and enjoy gorgeous views of Kona-Kohala Coast on this Big Island snorkeling cruise expedition from Ocean Sports Cruises. With over a dozen spectacular sites to choose from, hop aboard a catamaran as your captain will select the perfect spot for the day’s ocean conditions. These pristine waters and coves are ideal for snorkeling as you come face-to-face with tropical fish and coral reefs or even the legendary green sea turtles.
5. GLASS-BOTTOM BOAT CRUISE FROM WAIKOLOA — Experience the breathtaking waters above and below with a Glass-Bottom Boat Cruise from Ocean Sports Cruises. Aboard these underwater vision boats, as you will observe a mesmerizing ocean panoramas and unique landscape filled with coral reefs and brightly colored tropical fish. Plant yourself under a shaded canopy as you watch Green Sea Turtles grazing, as well as hundreds of species of colorful tropical fish and unique Hawaiian coral through six full-size viewing windows.
Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations makes your family vacation experience a better one with suites that come with full kitchens, free-to-use barbecues and a grocery delivery service. Find your favorite spot poolside as you bask in the warm Hawaiian sun or play a great game of tennis with your other half. The fitness center vows to keep you in shape with its variety of top-of-the-line equipment. You will also have access to all the restaurants, pools, lagoon beach and full-service spa at the neighboring Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort.
For more Hawaiian alternatives, we invite you to stop by our Hawaii destinations page.
Best Online Travel Deals.